Saturday, December 20, 2008

Capitol Tour

Last week we went on a tour of the state capitol building in Sacramento.


We learned about how state government works and some interesting facts about the building and past governors.
This is above the state senate floor.


We went on the right day because we got the chance to see 4 prominant mayors (of Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco and Fresno). Then we saw the Governor (yes Arnold S.!). We had to wait almost an hour to see him and the kids were getting a bit impatient waiting for him. I think my husband and I were more excited than the kids. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of him.

After the Capitol we visited the train museum, a great museum in Old Sacramento that we love to visit.

It was a great day of fun and learning!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment